adidas ultra flow
Create a footwear for given location (North Hollywood, CA) with an emphasis on bring manufacturing close to market.
14 weeks project
adidas ultra flow is designed specifically for indoor hip-hop dancers using 3D printing technology to make each pair of shoe uniquely protects the individual’s feet and supports individual’s dance moves.
adidas speedfactory brings the production close to market and makes the manufacturing process possible.
1. Scan & Analyze User's Feet.
2. Pinpoint critical areas for support and protection.
3. 3D print inner support and protection.
4. 3D print outer support and protection.
5. PrimeKnit Upper with support on critical area.
6. Unique details added for hip hop dancers
7. Shoe is perfectly and uniquely made for each user
8. Spot Outsole to provide traction for indoor floor
Hip-Hop dancers use social media as the main source to promote themselves
Unique style differentiate between hip-hop dancers
North Hollywood hip-hop dancer practice in studio
Lightweight allows hip-hop dancers to practice longer in studio
Flexibility in shoes makes hip-hop movements more fluid for dancers
Breathability allows hip-hop dancers to practice longer without feeling exhausted